View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 02:36 PM

Location: Southern California (please don't hold it against me)
plcfcng will become famous soon enough plcfcng will become famous soon enough

Location: Southern California (please don't hold it against me)
plcfcng will become famous soon enough plcfcng will become famous soon enough
Bek everyone has to start somewhere. If you are still in school some HS or JC have classes if not there are U-tubes on almost every subject if you need some advice there are plenty people here and i don't see any shaming on people that are new to working on cars. I started out with a 200 piece craftsman tool set back in 1981 and built it up from there as needed. My advice if your working alone or with a buddy take pictures of what you are working on, there are factory service manuals available from rock auto for 25.00, keep organized place bolts back into the holes of the parts you take off or place them in baggies to keep them together, if your not sure how tight use a torque wrench( harbor frieght sells them pretty cheap on sale for most needs). The last thing when tightening up real important items like oil drain plug have the wrench in hand when you go to tighten ( A friend lost a engine on a Fire Engine the cost was about 20,000.00 ). When putting things together don't finger tight things all the way it's hard to see better to leave them loose and put a tool on it. Start simple and work up from there.
plcfcng is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote