Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 04:32 PM

weekendclimber is just really nice weekendclimber is just really nice weekendclimber is just really nice weekendclimber is just really nice

weekendclimber is just really nice weekendclimber is just really nice weekendclimber is just really nice weekendclimber is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesooohoppy View Post
surely there is some sort of wiring involved to power the unit, no? either way, ill have to look into it. thank you for your help!

edit: i remember why i stopped looking at it. i put in that i have a 99 4runner and got this insane list:
>> X-Gauge Categories >> ISO – VPW

That doesnt seem like just plugging into an OBD port to me..? i dont even know what i am looking at??

edit 2: i also dont know what 'TXD', 'RXF', 'RXD', and 'MTH' are on that link. now its all coming back to me why i never looked into this more... it also says nothing about monitoring trans temps?
I don't have one, but from my understanding they really are plug and play. You get power right from the OBDII port under the dash (above the gas pedal) and you don't have to worry about programming any of those PIDs.
weekendclimber is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote