View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 03:46 AM

rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold

rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold
**Rear Coil Spring Discussion - The Perfect 3rd Gen Rear Spring**

I’ve been meaning to start this thread for a while. @Taylor20 and I have been bouncing ideas and information back and forth about rear springs and I thought we should open it up to the community for disucssion. Let’s talk existing rear coil options and what an “ideal 3rd Gen rear spring” might look like? I realize everyone has different uses and setups, but I feel like there are just so many more options for the 120 Platform Toyota’s than for us 3rd Gen guys.

I for one, would love a LT rear spring capable of staying in the coil buckets at full droop, capable of supporting 200-250lbs of rear weight (over stock) and sitting at 2.5-3” of lift. My ideal spring may be different than yours, but that’s where we can start to collect some data and see if there are some common themes to approach a vendor about a custom spring potentially.

I’d love to hear from @Black798 as I know he’s running some 4th Gen Dobinsons or something back there.

CURRENT SPRING DATA (thanks for putting this together @Taylor20 )

OME 861's - 220lbs - 480/490mm FH
DOBINSON 210V - 160-239lbs - 475/485mm FH
DOBINSON 675V - 157-230lbs - 470mm FH
TOYTEC Superflex - 240lbs - 495mm FH
LC 7.5 Wrap - 160lbs - 473mm FH
LC 8 Wrap - 160lbs - 483mm FH

If you can confirm and/or fill in the missing info, please reply to the thread and I will update the main post.

Let’s talk rear springs!

Last edited by rickashay; 01-04-2020 at 05:39 PM.
rickashay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote