Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 06:51 PM

RandyDaytona is on a distinguished road

RandyDaytona is on a distinguished road
4th gen v8 with 125k - value?

Greetings!

I’m thinking about parting with Chuck, my 2007 V8 Sport Edition with around 125k. KBB gives me a value of around $7,000, and I just had a dealership offer me what I consider a lowball price of $5,000. I’m trying to see what the collective wisdom on this forum thinks would be a fair price.

About Chuck...

It’s a 2007 Sport V8. Gray. I bought the truck used in Missouri in 2011 with 70k on it. I am the 2nd owner. I use it to drive to Maine every year to see family, and other than a rare weekend outing, it sits in the garage: I have a work truck for daily driving and work most weekends, so it basically sits, plugged into a battery tender.

I have not modded the crap out of it, but did do some things. I put some Nokian Vatiiva mud tires on it in 2012 and they still have decent tread. I replaced the stock suspension with a Toytec 3” suspension and lift. I also added a basic aftermarket stereo so I could have Bluetooth. Little things: weathertec front mats and window vent shades. Otherwise, he’s stock.

Normal scratches, but no accidents. TPMS light is on, but I think it’s the spare because it’s been on for a while and I have not needed to add any air to the tires. Just haven’t had a chance to crawl under there yet. The only “serious” issue I had was a small water leak above the sunglasses holder on the ceiling whenever it rained really hard. This was a few years ago, and it stopped when I replaced the cracked windshield, so I’m guessing it was the seal.

In the last 5k miles, I’ve had the brakes replaced at Meineke and had the timing belt and water pump done at the local dealership. I also had the common problem of the rear hatch latch rubber melting in the heat and then hardening, making the hatch difficult to open, so I replaced that, myself. Finally, during the last oil change, I had the auto repair shop I go to put in new headlight bulbs (not xenon or anything fancy, but still much brighter than stock).

I plan to sell only because it’s getting a bit small for me. Any thoughts on an asking price are greatly appreciated!

2011 4Runner Limited, Marine Corps. bumper sticker

2007 4Runner Sport V8, Marine Corps. bumper sticker
RandyDaytona is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote