View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 12:13 PM

ryguytheman is just really nice ryguytheman is just really nice ryguytheman is just really nice ryguytheman is just really nice ryguytheman is just really nice

ryguytheman is just really nice ryguytheman is just really nice ryguytheman is just really nice ryguytheman is just really nice ryguytheman is just really nice
Bought a Rolla rack off a member here, (thanks @ColoradoToyota ). I went the cheap route for now. I was tired of my Hi Lift jack rattling around in the back, and the mounts don't fit the OEM rails. I considered mounting it on my bull bar, but that was a fleeting thought... It would look pretty stupid and cover my headlights.

I don't do too much of the Pinterest type stuff, but I wanted to clean up the worn plastic look of the wind faring. I scuffed it up with a sanding block and removed the "Rolla" logo. I tried making some stencils of the older 4Runner font, but paper stencils and spray paint didn't work out so well. I ended up using my chrome badging from the tailgate, painted them, and glued them on. I think it turned out pretty well.

Plastic, prior to spraying on Plastidip.

A few coats of Plastidip, looks good so far.

Nice and smooth.

First attempt at applying a logo, the paper stencils were not the way to go. I would have had to tape everything down and go one or two letters at a time, waiting for each to dry. I didn't have the patience for that... The result was not very clean, so I decided to reapply some plastidip and try again.

I spray painted the tailgate badging that I replaced with black, I decided on Silver for now. The silver matches the OEM rails (which I may or may not paint later), so it doesn't look out of place. Glued them down with some badging adhesive. We'll see how well it sticks to the plastidip, so far so good. I played around with the "4" and the "R" with white paint first before applying the silver, and that kind of shows through and highlights them in photos with the flash on. Doesn't really bother me, and it's not noticeable without shining a bright light right at it. Might fix it at some point.

Build Thread
2015 SR5 Premium | SSO Slimline Bumper | 20" Heise LED Lightbar | 10K LB Smittybilt Winch | 285/70/17 | Shrockworks Sliders with Tread Plate | Toytec BOSS Aluma Series coilovers with 700 lb Coils | HD Superflex Rear Coils | SPC Upper Control Arms | Differential Drop | ARB Twin Compressor | CBI Ditch Light Brackets with Cheapo Amazon LED Cubes | UpTop Bravo Rack | RCI Skids

Last edited by ryguytheman; 01-06-2020 at 12:49 PM.
ryguytheman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote