Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 12:22 PM

the walrus is on a distinguished road

the walrus is on a distinguished road
Still working on the car and slowly making progress. The garage isn’t quite as inviting during winter but I have a small heater that helps a bit. At this point the suspension is done, wheels are on, fuel tank is in, and much of the engine bay is in place. I will have engine bay wiring done soon and dash wiring soon after that.

I figured out that the engine that came with the car is a 1989 block so it has forged pistons. I will do new bearings, rings, gaskets, and get it cleaned up and painted. Then I‘ll move over the timing cover and accessories from the 93 engine, while adding the 130amp alternator. With a fresh rebuild and the basic HCI upgrades it should be a nice runner.

I found a NOS heater core for sale locally and it sure was easy to install with the HVAC unit on a table. ;) Still need to make some brackets for the G37S seats but now that I know the seats fit in the car, the brackets shouldn’t be too complicated.

My goal is to have the engine done and installed in the next few weeks. I want to be cruising this summer.

I made a couple of quick update videos. Just remember what we started with!

Part 12
YouTube

Part 13
YouTube
Grand adventures ahead!
the walrus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote