Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 01:47 PM

coreynw is on a distinguished road

coreynw is on a distinguished road
So as for the diagnostic steps suggested by Electroboy, I've done them all with the following results:
The wiring harness for the light socket has two wires, red and pink. Red is hot and my light up electrical tester lights up when I insert it into the harness on that side and ground it. That said, the original light fixture from that location doesn't work when plugged in. A working fixture from the other side of the truck also does not work when plugged in to the non-functioning wiring harness. A swap of lots of bulbs shows that no matter what's plugged in to that wiring harness, it doesn't work. Pushing the door position sensor and releasing it causes no change. I swapped the door position sensor from the other side in with no change. The sensor from the other side works just fine.

So, to clarify, I tried to replace the bulb in the drivers side door puddle light, and when I did it seemed to create a short and the fixture no longer worked. A new fixture hooked to the same wiring harness also doesn't work. The door position switch on that side doesn't appear to communicate with the computer anymore. Opening the drivers door does not cause the interior lights to come on, nor does the vehicle register that I have left when I get out of the drivers door, thus the headlights don't automatically turn off. No other issues are noted. I've checked all the fuses and they're all intact.

Any thoughts?
coreynw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote