View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 04:04 PM

duffdog is a jewel in the rough duffdog is a jewel in the rough duffdog is a jewel in the rough

duffdog is a jewel in the rough duffdog is a jewel in the rough duffdog is a jewel in the rough
well...

I have 899's in the rear of my 05 and love it. I used to have th 895e but they started to sag and were too soft and could not handle jumping the truck at all. My truck has around 1000lbs constant in the rear at all times with the custom rear bumper, frame reinforcement, 200lbs of tools, rear winch, fridge and other items adding up to simply be too much weight for many of the spring options out there.

I also found throughout my issues with "bounciness" that none of the truck shocks I could buy would last more than 1 wheeling trip and every rear shock from every manufacturer would simply get destroyed and I would have to replace them. Toytec, bilstein, fox, ome etc all simply werent strong enough in the 2.0 size. I ended up getting the pin to loop adapters from pro-comp and installing super heavy duty 2.5 rear shocks. that definitely helped a lot but I still have the issue of bounciness in the back when I go over jumps, curbs or rocks at high speeds. I am in the process of devising a way to install an auxilliary pushrod suspension system to eliminate the bouncing in the rear. Until then, I might have one or two extra oscillations when I land the truck but its way better than the sloppy springs where the back would bounce 4 or 5 times before settling.

3" suspension lift, 1" body lift, 315's, rear Elocker, on-board air system, slider air tanks, full skid plates, front Demello bumper, rear HMF plate/tube bumper, rear 9000lb hidden winch, front 10000lb winch, dual electric fans (in cab adjustable temp), rock lights, 25W LED projector lights.
duffdog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote