Thread: Timing Belt
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 04:14 PM

VernySanders will become famous soon enough

VernySanders will become famous soon enough
Also there are two different designs for the crank bolt and two different torque specs depending on the year. I cant speak for all combinations but I've got an old style bolt on my 2000 and I have it torqued to the higher spec. The information is fuzzy but i believe toyota changed design in 2000. One has a washer and one Is a solid bolt with basically a washer it just doesnt flop around. Toyota ordered me the old style bolt of course and I couldnt wait at the time so I used it. It came with some green loctite I put on some additional blue and torqued her down. That was something around 8k miles ago I'd say. Bottom line, I spent hours researching to see if the bolt mattered blah blah blah old style vs new style bolt, long story short (once again in my experience) it doesnt matter what bolt you get. 5vz crankbolt is a darn 5vz crank bolt (edit: as long as the bolt Is from toyota and not aftermarket lol)
VernySanders is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote