View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 12:45 AM

mteolus is a splendid one to behold mteolus is a splendid one to behold mteolus is a splendid one to behold mteolus is a splendid one to behold mteolus is a splendid one to behold mteolus is a splendid one to behold mteolus is a splendid one to behold

mteolus is a splendid one to behold mteolus is a splendid one to behold mteolus is a splendid one to behold mteolus is a splendid one to behold mteolus is a splendid one to behold mteolus is a splendid one to behold mteolus is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbo View Post
I get what you are saying, but you are asking a vendor to be responsible for the actions of a 3rd party. Unless you pay for signature confirmation service, UPS or USPS leaving a package on your doorstep is at their discretion.

Traditionally the vendors responsibility stops once the shipping company accepts the package. The shipping company, a 3rd party carrier, is then responsible for your material and final delivery.

As a buyer, I am also aware of what I am buying, and what might happen on that final leg of delivery. I ship most valuable items to my office where someone is there to receive it, or I spend the extra for signature confirmation because I don’t want expensive goods sitting around. To a degree, I feel like I am also responsible for the security at the receiving destination. I am saying this as a victim of package theft because it has happened to me. These days I don’t make it that easy for thieves.
How did you know it was stolen? In my case, someone is home every day. There is a community mailbox that has a key so nobody needs to be home. It is secure but in the past even though the tracking said it was delivered it wasn't. 100% fact.

There were no shipping options other than USPS. So I just eat the cost? Doesn't seem right. If they are going to do nothing and wash their hands as soon as the product leaves their hands, then they should have an option for a signature upon delivery. If I don't choose that option then my bad. If they don't have that option then the least they should do is inquire with the carrier and offer to re-send at cost.
2017 Off-road Premium w KDSS, moon roof, sliding rear cargo deck,3" Toytech Boss lift, SPC upper control arms, Sonoran Steel High Articulation KDSS Trac/PanHard Bar, RCI sliders, RCI skid plates aluminum including gas tank, C4 Fab diff skid plate, SCS Ray 10 Wheels Matte Gray, 285/70R17 Hankook Dynapro AT2 RF11 E-load RWL, Cali Raised LED 3x2 fog-light pods, Lock'r Down EXxtreme console safe with electronic lock, Auto Heat Shield all windows, Raingler rear cargo net, Canvasback rear covers, LFD Off-Road cross bars aluminum, LFD Hybrid bumper, LFD wind fairing, LFD Hi-lift jack mounts, Goat Armor, Blackgate Custom KDSS spacers, Ironman 2.5 awning with quick release mounts, Ironman 12,000 lb synthetic line winch.
mteolus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote