Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 11:23 AM
Elite Member

4-Ripcord will become famous soon enough 4-Ripcord will become famous soon enough
Elite Member

4-Ripcord will become famous soon enough 4-Ripcord will become famous soon enough
I went through the same process on my last 4runner, actually had most of these springs on it at one point or another trying to find the right one I liked.

I used some OME chart to fill in spring rates for most of them, and confirming free heights by hand measurements. The superflex and 891 are progressive so hard to give an exact value for, but superflex definitely felt softer than the 861. IMO the 861 were too stiff.

In the end I was most happy with the superflex, and would get that again if I built another t4r.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-Ripcord View Post

OME 890 : 190 lbs/in - 16.7in free height
OME 891 : 210 lbs/in - 16.5in free height
Superflex: 210 lbs/in - 19.5in free height
OME 861 : 250 lbs/in - 19.2in free height
My requirements were very similar to yours: +250ish lbs, less than 3" lift, long enough to not fall out when drooped.

Last edited by 4-Ripcord; 01-08-2020 at 11:51 AM.
4-Ripcord is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote