Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 01:14 PM

dkerr is on a distinguished road

dkerr is on a distinguished road
Transmission Issues on 2000 4x4: Car No Go

So last week I had a issue where I backed the truck out of the driveway, shifted to Drive and gave it gas and the only thing that happened was the revs went up. Almost no drive to the wheel whatsoever. It was pick up a little if i got it close to 2000 rpm but 5 mph was about top speed.

Did some research and drained the fluid and filled it back up. Let the new fluid settle and then tested it out. The old problem persisted for maybe 10 seconds or so but then the transmission kicked back to life. Took the truck on the highway with no problem, smooth shifts etc. I had to get this fixed as I was headed back to college soon.

So after I thought the issue had been resolved, I drove it 2 hours back to college. The truck ran normally for two days straight except for some slow cranks which i think is due to the battery being a little low but that shouldnt be related.

Then this morning the same problem came back. Put it in Drive and almost no power. I turned on a side street to turn around and it was a slight incline but it couldn't even get up it.

Any insight or help would be tremendously appreciated I don't really have any experience with transmissions.

Thanks.
dkerr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote