Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 03:02 PM

JRambo is on a distinguished road

JRambo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coward View Post
Lots of good advice listed above. At 225,000 miles you should budget for replacing everything up front (unless any of it is relatively new).
-Upper ball joints
-Lower ball joints
-Outer tie rods (inners should be good)
-This is a great time to do the control arm bushings as well.
-If you lift at all, get the PCK!
I did my lift at 330,000 and ended up replacing all of that plus the upper control arms and the CV axles. Better to be ready for the worst (even if you only buy parts as you need them) versus taking it apart and not having money to buy extra stuff.

I bought the Sonoran Steel kit with 5100's up front and Tokico's LC's in the back and it has done me well.
PCK is a must ,follow this advice. I didnt realize how bad my truck was until I got that done and I only had ~1" lift in the rear.