Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 02:13 PM

chimaylxa is on a distinguished road

chimaylxa is on a distinguished road
Granted, I did not have the fancy factory skid plates, just SR5 4WD model, but I banged my front skid plate pretty good fairly quickly to the point that it had to get notched and beat to put it back on after an oil change. The next skid plate that took a beating was the gas tank skid plate and I wish I had a rear diff skid plate shortly after that as I partially destroyed the drain bolt.

I went with RCI Steel, partially because I was going with what “my guy” carries, and I’d seen good reviews and feedback on both the aluminum and steel. I went with steel because I do get on rocks and things like that.

Steel may be overkill for what you need especially if stock suspension (as alluded to above).But armor is better to get before you need it. I’ve learned that one and you can learn from me.
16’ SR4 4WD (de-tforced) - 5100s, OME 3” Heavies front and rear, 285 KO2s, SSO Stage 2 front and Trailgator rear bumper and sliders, Comeup DV-9 winch, Prinsu 3/4 rack, RCI “Yes” steel skid plates (all but rear links and rear shock mounts which I will be adding).

Last edited by chimaylxa; 01-09-2020 at 02:16 PM.
chimaylxa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote