View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 04:53 PM

mesooohoppy has a spectacular aura about mesooohoppy has a spectacular aura about mesooohoppy has a spectacular aura about

mesooohoppy has a spectacular aura about mesooohoppy has a spectacular aura about mesooohoppy has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by GripT4R View Post
A determined thief could also pull up in a flat bad and load your vehicle on it in 2-3 minutes....

Thieves are not determined, they are lazy. And an upper is way more valuable than a lower.

The best part about getting pulled over is that you do not have to explain anything to law enforcement. The ATF is the only one who can request to see your private tax information.

To each his own i guess.
yeah, but they are incredibly unlikely to do that in the middle of the day. i cant tell you how many stories i have heard of peoples truck guns getting stolen in the middle of the day. another example is people who stow them away out of sight, but their issue is the gun stickers they have on their rigs. i have also heard stories of thieves targeting vehicles with gun stickers on them because they know they are far more likely to find a firearm. not always the case, but i just thought i would include that example.

yes an upper is more valuable, but it doesnt matter because its not regulated like a lower. your state may not require you to report a stolen firearm/lower, but if its used in a crime and someone is hurt/killed, you may be liable because you did not report it.

if you do report it, you will look like an idiot because you essentially just left a rifle sitting in broad daylight in your car for someone to take(using drobs example that you seem to like). ***not calling drobs names or accusing him/her of anything, im sure he/she doesnt leave it sitting out in plain sight while he runs into the grocery store*** (i hope no one does this)

sure you may not have to 'explain' anything to a LEO, but that is asking for trouble. at the bare minimum back up will be called and you will be removed from the vehicle while they make sure you arent a felon or have any warranty out for you. does that really sound like fun to you?

basically all of my rebuttal points can be solved by one thing: a backpack. i used to work at a private gun range and helped people with stuff like this. i am obviously biased for backpacks and guns, but its because ive seen it be one of the most effective tools in a real world application. we identified problems with open carrying or needing to easily be able to conceal a rifle, we set out to help people get around this. having a good bag is also very important. no a backpack isnt going to solve everything, but it certainly helps in the right situations. its a great tool to have in your chest when you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsking85 View Post
I bought a new Armalite M4gery for $350 which is my truck gun. There are tons of sales on very reliable rifles. I have thousands of rounds through my armalite and would put it up against DD in terms of going bang every time. Also, PSA rifles are just fine. I wouldn't replace my Barnes or WW with one, but it's better than nothing.

Depends. Your handgun is meant to be in the front with you. If you feel like you'll be in a rolling gun battle and want to pull your SBR out from next to your console or break through a road warrior style road block i suppose you need it up there. I just want mine in my general proximity so I can access it within a minute if i'm stuck somewhere away from my house and happen to need a rifle caliber. Otherwise, i'll just use my carry gun.
its been a while since ive shot an armalite, but i remember it being fine. i mean its gotta be atleast okay if the A in AR stands for Armalite, right?! i always buy stuff on sale too because im cheap.

PSAs are 'fine' but they make range of rifles and uppers, they have uppers that use FN's cold hammer forged barrels. i would put that upper in a much higher regard than a non lined steel barreled upper for 200 bucks. i personally dont buy PSAs stuff because i build all my own stuff, but if i bought factory stuff i would buy something a little higher than PSA. i dont own a bazillion rifles (no need for my needs), so i spend a little more than the absolute bottom dollar because i expect it to work wherever i go (snow, rain, etc.).

your pistol should be carried on person, IMO. depending on who you ask, some will say the pistol's sole purpose in your life is to get you to your rifle. while i generally agree, there are plenty of situations in which you just dont have the time and you need to use your pistol right now.