Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 05:44 PM

mesooohoppy has a spectacular aura about mesooohoppy has a spectacular aura about mesooohoppy has a spectacular aura about

mesooohoppy has a spectacular aura about mesooohoppy has a spectacular aura about mesooohoppy has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbo View Post
I hardly find it to be worth doing anymore, but I have in the past. It’s a pretty exhausting workflow. It is also expensive if you want to do it right.

This was of course before I lost it all in a tragic boating accident.
i know the feeling, that is why i skipped a single stage and bought a progressive because i wanted to spend my time reloading efficiently. the only downside is progressives dont work all that well when you are prepping rifle or bottle necked cartridges. although there are some tips and tricks i use to be able to really speed up the process. i couldnt even imagine loading 1k rounds of 9mm on a single stage.

it is another hobby to get into itself, but the nice thing is once you buy the press and the other tools, you're pretty much set for life (tools wise, until you decide to get into another caliber), you just gotta buy the consumables. i shoot almost every weekend and got tired of shelling out for factory ammo so its a no brainer for someone like me.

if you load enough you can actually make your money back over time. its hard with pistol ammo being so low in cost right now, but with rifle not only can you save money, but you can create a load that is better than any factory load for your particular needs. i am still loading pistol and rifle cheaper than factory costs, but pistol isnt that far off.