Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 07:54 PM

Fishwerks will become famous soon enough Fishwerks will become famous soon enough

Fishwerks will become famous soon enough Fishwerks will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickashay View Post
I for one, would love a LT rear spring capable of staying in the coil buckets at full droop, capable of supporting 200-250lbs of rear weight (over stock) and sitting at 2.5-3” of lift. My ideal spring may be different than yours, but that’s where we can start to collect some data and see if there are some common themes to approach a vendor about a custom spring potentially.
I'm glad you started this thread. I've been talking to Tyler about rear springs a good bit lately. I like the 861s when I have the swingout on and the truck loaded for a camping trip or something, but most of the time I wish they sat 1-2" lower. Like @AZBub mentioned, you really need a lot of weight to get them down to a reasonable height.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-Ripcord View Post
I went through the same process on my last 4runner, actually had most of these springs on it at one point or another trying to find the right one I liked.

I used some OME chart to fill in spring rates for most of them, and confirming free heights by hand measurements. The superflex and 891 are progressive so hard to give an exact value for, but superflex definitely felt softer than the 861. IMO the 861 were too stiff.

In the end I was most happy with the superflex, and would get that again if I built another t4r.

My requirements were very similar to yours: +250ish lbs, less than 3" lift, long enough to not fall out when drooped.
Good to know, I've been considering superflex or one of the dobinsons variations as options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCMach View Post
I need a 1" lift coil that holds weight like an 861 and has enough free height not to fall out.....
Take a sawzall to the 861s and let us know how much to cut.
--
Instagram
Fishwerks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote