View Single Post
Old 01-11-2020, 12:30 PM

codan is on a distinguished road

codan is on a distinguished road
I'd approach it from a different direction - how important is the "concealed" part of the equation?

For example, I'm a college prof and carry legal on campus. But some of my colleagues would certainly freak out if they found out about it. So I must be very, very discreet.

My first CC gun was a sig P238 and I like that very much.

But the campus carry I prefer now is a Ruger LCP. Very small, very light, very discreet. But I am sacrificing distance accuracy and capacity for small size.

For around town carry I prefer my Ruger LC9S, which is more accurate than I am at distance. It's much bigger than the LCP but still a compact.

I think that if you're sitting down next to the same person at meetings regularly, or walking by them in the halls regularly, or presenting in front of them regularly, it's important to be very careful.

Walking by a random person on the street, not so much.

I've been looking at people since I got my permit (7 years ago) and I've spotted a total of 4 people carrying
- 1 guy walking up stairs and his revolver handle was sticking out of his shorts
- 1 guy at Arby's and his shirt pulled up showing the grip
- 1 women at Home Depot carrying a big semi under a skin tight shirt - she wasn't even trying
- 1 old guy like me that was printing I think
codan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote