View Single Post
Old 01-11-2020, 09:53 PM

cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold

cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAZ View Post
Well.... I have one of each, so here goes:

The JGC was mine till I retired, then my wife commandeered it (she loves the JGC). Mine was a 3.6 with front wheel drive.

Why did you switch and what were your experiences? / Ride comfort on road? If you are looking for a SUV / CUV comfort ride the JGC is more plush than the T4R. Whenever i drive the Jeep now, "it just feels light" it also is ALOT more responsive off the line.

Off road ability? sorry i'm not taking the FWD grocery getter / home depot hauler off road, the T4R owns this.

Reliability? Jeep has been good, had a sensor go bad shortly after i bought it. Fixed by the dealer at no cost. That said i do have Jeeps lifetime warranty, but if she tires of the JGC i'll probably just get her a Lexus RX / GX.

Features? / What do you miss? I miss the power liftgate, and the JGC interior is real leather (you can tell the difference). The 8" screen, uconnect has both pluses and minuses over entune. The gas mileage 28 - 30 mpg.

What don't you miss? I personally like driving the T4R as it feels bigger and heavier. In someway entune is better that uconnect.

Would you/will you switch back? For now i'm happy with the T4R, and Toyota reliability and value.

JGC - comfortable grocery getter / home depot hauler.

T4R - way more rugged, more "planted" on the road. Also can double as a grocery getter / home depot hauler.
Thank you so much. This has bee very helpful.

It is too bad that they dropped the lifetime warranty - although lifetime with some Jeep products can be measured in single digit years.

How is entune better? Reviewers generally give the uconnect system high marks.