Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-11-2020, 10:17 PM

hinmo24t is a jewel in the rough hinmo24t is a jewel in the rough hinmo24t is a jewel in the rough hinmo24t is a jewel in the rough

hinmo24t is a jewel in the rough hinmo24t is a jewel in the rough hinmo24t is a jewel in the rough hinmo24t is a jewel in the rough
Tore a cv boot wheeling today

Hey, might have misphrased that...i had a missing clip on my inner boot of main axle on pass side 6 mos ago but must have not got it tight enough or proper. Apparently today wheeling something happened I lost what looks like a lot of grease. They were chainsawing trail ahead of me and maybe a stick pushed it or broke the boot. I think i have oem axles and dont hear any clicking and theres no movement when i shake it by hand. Going to bring it to shop by mid week and maybe put 100 miles of under 50 mph on it until then.

I feel like this shop tries upcharging a bit and hes going to want to put new cv axle in instead of just the boot...everytime I have a brake issue I pay $300-$500 for example because he wont jist change pads or caliper that seized. I might be an accountant but ive quadded and wheeled etc my whole life moderately. Since I think axles are fine should I have him just reboot them? Maybe I'll buy the $80 oem boot kit now express ship? Not sure he can get oem boot quickly (time is big factor) or hes going to want to put an aftermarlet axle in...i wheel the truck often. Any aftermarket decent boots? Moog etc? Advice...?

Tomorrow I'll ziptie if theres no tear or duct tape but seems in my searching I'll ne okay to run this a week or 100 miles or so? I lost a damn lot of the grease today. My commute is minimal luckily but bday dinner tomorrow 30 miles round trip. Its the inner boot.

Thanks
hinmo24t is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote