Site Navigation

Thread: Locked vs LSD
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2020, 11:12 PM

G_Raw has a spectacular aura about G_Raw has a spectacular aura about

G_Raw has a spectacular aura about G_Raw has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypoint_1 View Post
I haven’t posted on my build thread but I went with a Grizzly locker with 4.56’s on my 2wd. Not a hardcore wheeler but it did make a huge difference in going fishing and camping spots. Truck just goes!

The re-gearing is wonderful!! Went with 4.56 because I am running 31’s. I will say that with 31’s and this gearing 70 mph is about 3k rpm. Was going to go with the 4.88 but I don’t have 33’s. I think even with 33’s the 4.56’s is ok. Around town it really scoots! Not a race car but peppy. When you hit the gas with the locker and gearing you can feel the torque and the rear “hooks up”. It’s not even too noisy. Just pops once in a while when you come out of a turn and it locks up again. Nothing too bad and I like my rides smooth and noise free.

I am happyzzz with the choice I made! I went with ECGS.
That grizzly setup from ECGS was exactly what I was looking at...except the 4.88. Read through some of your thread. Kinda a similar story. In laws bought this thing new in 99 now they are 70 and don't need it. I got attached since I've been driving this thing since 99. Can't bring myself to sell it. Rather mod it to be most useful/practical to my needs. I've only gotten stuck once since 99.

Last edited by G_Raw; 01-11-2020 at 11:16 PM.
G_Raw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote