View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 02:38 PM

eleven14 has a spectacular aura about eleven14 has a spectacular aura about

eleven14 has a spectacular aura about eleven14 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinmo24t View Post
thanks, i think finally getting proper jack stands and some tools in future is what im going to do...maybe a moped on standby instead of a daily in case i need to take it on my 7 min 1-way commute. i have a garage but the house and truck are new for me, the truck is a bigger scale than ive wrenched on before but i am capable im sure.

toyota quoted me $2200 for this job (both sides) minutes ago

thanks @Inv4drZm i meant that solid axle jeeps and whatnot may break stuff but nothing comparable to front drive axles like the ifs.

the place i wheel isnt rock crawling but there are harsh rocks and edges, for example,
old broken down unmaintained roads/trails where the water holes youre going through hide vertical 10" asphalt curbs for a surprise on one side or the other. and basketball-volleyball sized boulder hidden under bog holes along with ruts from 40" tires digging holes. just haggard wheeling

ironically where i think the boot tore recently was in a comparable mild/smooth area but trail maintenance ahead of us was chainsawing limbs and branches leaving them on the trail and i dragged sticks and kicked up sticks that might have destroyed a boot...
Uber/Lyft is easy if the truck is down, learning to work on it yourself is the key. But for comparison, my indie shop charged me $665 to swap both OEM CVs with NAPA ones and I snagged the originals to re-boot myself as spares.

Edit: Also, might wanna relocate your rear diff breather if you haven't already.

Last edited by eleven14; 01-13-2020 at 02:42 PM.
eleven14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote