Home Menu

Site Navigation

Thread: Dim projector?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 05:16 PM

Drift Monkey is just really nice Drift Monkey is just really nice Drift Monkey is just really nice Drift Monkey is just really nice Drift Monkey is just really nice

Drift Monkey is just really nice Drift Monkey is just really nice Drift Monkey is just really nice Drift Monkey is just really nice Drift Monkey is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by adkfinn View Post
Took a second look at your pics. The one projector is def aimed up way higher than the other. This could be part of the problem and if it isn't should also be addressed anyway since your light will be aiming at the trees/sky even after you fix it. If it is only an aiming issue and not due the projector somehow coming loose in the housing you can adjust the projector down via a/the screw/nut on the back of the housing. Iirc, it is both a phllips/JIS and a 10mm and should be easy to turn given you can find/reach it. I'd go somewhere level and do something similar to the following after I make any adjustment: How to Adjust Car Headlights: 9 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

There are drop in bulbs, there aren't drop in retrofits (not really). You could replace the entire housing (with factory or aftermarket) if you chose, this would be about as 'drop in' as it gets.
Yeah that's how i adjusted them before, with the 8mm bolts on the back. I still think the positioning isn't causing the lack of output though, it's gotta be something internal to the projector itself.

Yeah...but then the gauntlet of projector/bulb choices to comb through, finding the best current choices and then narrowing them down to which would fit in the housing with relative ease and all the other small details...sigh. I have always wanted to do retro though...