View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 09:45 AM

Ventil8 will become famous soon enough Ventil8 will become famous soon enough

Ventil8 will become famous soon enough Ventil8 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkim7 View Post
I have a 2003 T4R (reflector housings) and I'm planning to do a HID projector retrofit (Mini H1 or D2S). I'm looking to purchase aftermarket headlight housings so I can continue to use my T4R as a daily driver. My plan is to retrofit the aftermarket housings because the lenses on my current housings are heavily scratched (crashed into barbed wire fence). If I'm retrofitting, does it matter which brand aftermarket headlight assembly I get? I know OEM quality is better, but is it really worth paying $400-$500 for new OEM if I'm planning to do a retrofit? Thank you in advance.
I bought TYC headlights to do my retrofit while keeping the stock headlights on the 4R while I took my time to do my retrofit. I'm glad I did because I messed up on a headlight and had to buy another TYC headlight. I'm OK with that, I didn't spend $200 on an OEM headlight and the TYC headlights look awesome with my HID retrofit. No leaks since install 8 months ago. Buy the morimoto headlight retro rubber sealant and make sure you get the old glue off really good to put the new glue on.