View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 12:10 PM

CookieRoe is a jewel in the rough CookieRoe is a jewel in the rough CookieRoe is a jewel in the rough

CookieRoe is a jewel in the rough CookieRoe is a jewel in the rough CookieRoe is a jewel in the rough
I'm old, I like "luxurious full loaded" vehicles. The Limited RAV4 is worth a look. I like the panoramic roof, heated steering wheel, etc etc. It is a great car and WILL last you forever. No turbos/CVTs crap, it uses proven technology which is very nice. Similar to the 4Runner? Not really, in terms of reliability, yes, but no doubt issues will pop up as they age. Most of us know what to look for in a 4Runner as they age, the RAV4 has other issues (realize ALL CARS have some sort of issue, no such thing as a perfect car). My brother had a 2009 Limited RAV4. Boring as watching paint dry, but it was very reliable. My biggest thing with them (present one included) is that the engine is "buzzy" and sounds unrefined. It will last forever, but this is just a characteristic of these motors, I just never liked that. When my DD (Civic that currently has 289K miles) dies, this gen RAV4 will be a #1 or #2 for my consideration as a replacement.

Even if you get an "XLE" (most folks do), you really can't go wrong. It's solid. Period.

Good luck.

CookieRoe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote