Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 02:10 PM

axel1 is on a distinguished road

axel1 is on a distinguished road
Used T4R Maintenance Checklist

Hi all!

I've had my '14 SR5 for a full year now and it's been doing great. Other than needing new rotors & pads and a new battery, I've had zero mechanical issues.

I've started thinking about maintenance a little more and I'm realizing I don't know exactly what fluids and maintenance items have and haven't been changed in the truck's 55k mile life. Since I've owned the thing I've put on roughly 10k to the odo and changed the engine oil twice. Other than that, none of the fluids have been touched since I took ownership and I have no clue if things like the transfer case or diffs have ever been touched. Wondering what would be a good plan of attack & inspection for the spring when things get warmer.

Right now since I'll be close to 60k by spring, I'm planning on tackling both diffs, the transfer case, and obviously the engine. I'll probably do the diff breather mod while I'm at it as well.

Just curious if there are any other areas I should be checking to verify there's no hidden problems that could come back to bite me later on. I've already got a couple hidden rust spots (like in the driver door sill) that need to be taken care of, so those are on the list too.