Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 03:46 PM

SamAdeli is on a distinguished road

SamAdeli is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrandom View Post
Since you are asking for opinions. It seems like your not ready to take the risk either. You know by having everyone buy you a head unit. No one has done it because it's too f'king expensive and not really a viable alternative when you can get a high-end aftermarket HU for less than a third of the price. People are always ready to trust a new user with one post. But hey, you never know, good luck with your crowdfund... more power to you if it succeeds.
You are right my friend. I am not a blogger, or in any sense an active forum/ social media advocate. In fact, I started my research few days ago on HU options in the market for my T4R... I read the reviews on T9 and Alpine haolo9, etc, which all come with trade offs that I know they will get under my skin. The only good options to my picky attitude are
(1) Apple CarPlay integration kit using Aux of existing HU ($300),
(2) Retrofitting the new 2020 OEM HU ($3,000 - preferred)

Then I read the thread here and thought to post the crownfunding idea. As you said, I should not expect trust as a new member. I dont expect to do it myself either (though I am willing to do it, if better candidate doesn't show up).

Or, even we can agree on a contract in Crowdfunding website: If sufficient fund is raised (per se $3,000), and the project becomes successful, the person who gets the HU, pays back others their paid share. If not successful, he should sell the HU in ebay and split/share the loss. He will have 3 month to finish the project after the money is raised.... or something like that.

If there is someone who is willing to take the initiative and spend some time managing the project, I will be the 1st person to send my pledge.

Anyone ready?