Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 10:13 AM

Terrapod is just really nice Terrapod is just really nice Terrapod is just really nice Terrapod is just really nice Terrapod is just really nice

Terrapod is just really nice Terrapod is just really nice Terrapod is just really nice Terrapod is just really nice Terrapod is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea_ledford View Post
I love everything about this rtt except one thing... the width. I'm a little confused with the common sizing of hard shell tents. 50" wide seems to be normal, which usually correlates to a 48" wide bed (some times narrower at spots if the tent has internal struts!).

Thats a good 6 inches narrower than a full size bed. Great for solo, and probably fine for a night or two with a significant other... but for any duration of trip it just seems too narrow. A 2-man tent is about the same size an it's universally accepted that a 2-man tent is big enough for one person. Ads for RTTs of the same size say two people and your dog. I'm sure you could fit 2 people and a dog, but no one is getting any sleep, except the dog!

I'm sure sizing has to do with what fits on a roof without over hanging, but if I'm dropping $3-4k on a tent, I want to be comfortable in it. There are a few options for wider versions, but they tend to jump up to king size and add the associated weight and height.

I hope you sell the hell out of these things and make a second model that is wider!

Congrats man! Out of 14 months of R&D on these, you are the very first to complain about a 54" wide tent being too small.

Most are asking for a narrower Solo version.

FWIW, I am 6'6" and my wife is 6'1". I designed it to fit us comfortably, and it does it in spades. I might recommend you tape down a 52"x87" square on a floor and see for yourself how big that actually is.
2016 TE - 2.5 Icon Stage 2 Ext Coilovers, Icon 2.0 Remote Res rear shocks - RCI sliders & skids - Custom front LED in-grill mount - Rigid - General ATX 275/70 - SCS Wheels, Terrapod RTTx, Raingler, Baja Designs, Rhino Rack.
Terrapod is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote