View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 12:52 PM

firebirdguy is a glorious beacon of light firebirdguy is a glorious beacon of light firebirdguy is a glorious beacon of light firebirdguy is a glorious beacon of light firebirdguy is a glorious beacon of light

firebirdguy is a glorious beacon of light firebirdguy is a glorious beacon of light firebirdguy is a glorious beacon of light firebirdguy is a glorious beacon of light firebirdguy is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by inscarguy View Post
I dont know what manual you are reading but i checked both my 06 and 08 and they both recommend 87 octane and higher octane can be used.

This is right off the toyota website:

OCTANE RATING
Select Octane Rating 87 (Research
Octane Number 91) or higher.
Use of unleaded gasoline with an Octane
Rating lower than 87 may result in engine
knocking. Persistent knocking can lead to
engine damage.
my mistake, i remember seeing the 91 in the manual, but confused the 2 numbers, 91 is the RON which is not used in the US.

i agree 87 is fine to use, but the mpg gauge in my 08 v6 4runner shows a slight increase in mpg when i fill from empty with premium 91 vs 87 & definitely an increase using non ethanol fuel.
firebirdguy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote