Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 02:00 PM

ramonortiz55 has a spectacular aura about ramonortiz55 has a spectacular aura about

ramonortiz55 has a spectacular aura about ramonortiz55 has a spectacular aura about
the yellow one does not have maps preloaded, but from my understanding you can load maps but you pretty much have to buy them.

the orange one has the maps preloaded

I have the orange one.

If I was to do it again, i would get the MINI.

You can use either with your phone for ease of functionality. The phone will "tether" off the Garmin's GPS when you're in the backcountry. If you don't like Garmin's maps, just use GAIA. It will work.

BUT the Garmin APP MUST run concurrently with the GAIA app.

To use:

Pair the device to your phone and DOWNLOAD the APP.

Turn on your bluetooth and pair the Device

Turn on the Garmin APP to "link" the Device

Turn on GAIA and use as needed.

Note that BOTH apps must run at the same time since your phone uses the Garmin APP to "tether" the GPS signal.

Common misconception - that you NEED to pay for a subscription. You dont.

You can use the GPS without the subscription.

BUT you need to pay for the texting/sos services.
ramonortiz55 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote