Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 04:59 PM

dom42 is a glorious beacon of light dom42 is a glorious beacon of light dom42 is a glorious beacon of light dom42 is a glorious beacon of light dom42 is a glorious beacon of light

dom42 is a glorious beacon of light dom42 is a glorious beacon of light dom42 is a glorious beacon of light dom42 is a glorious beacon of light dom42 is a glorious beacon of light
Maximize your KDSS + extended travel shocks

Of course ppl are going to say oh I could have or would have came up with that [emoji24][emoji24]. [emoji849]

Edit. Update 4/3/20

[emoji1432][emoji1432][emoji1432][emoji1432]
That’s full droop with extended travel king shocks that measure 25 3/4” from center of lower eye to frame at the top where the pin top lower bushing rest. That’s 1/4” more then what’s available. And if one wanted to, you can run even longer as there still room for the system to swing and doesn’t come close to inverting the kdss system which will basically pull the plunger out the kdss shock.

Ok this my version of how to maximize the kdss equipped 4runners that have a lift and extended travel shocks. I know there’s that Sonoran steel zigzag track bar. But it just wasn’t for me. Plus the tolerances are tight. If you don’t run stock length links or if your axle isn’t in same location as stock, things will crash into each other. I personally didn’t like that , and the look of it. It could also have better joints as well. Totally not taking anything away from it as it’s an awesome idea. It just wasn’t for me.

Originally I was going to do my own version of a bent track bar ( and did ) but when I was test fitting it, a light bulb went off in my head. I got together with a long time friend Don Thuren ( thuren fabrication ) and came up with this. It works like a charm.

Here’s a link to my instagram so you can see a video on it.

Dom R on Instagram: “Here we go.... prototype kdss drop!!! Posting for time stamp while lawyers put together and file the patents. .. This is my fix for the…”

You can now run a straight track bar. Even the stock one which I have on the truck now. With that said I’ll make a straight track bar that utilizes more superior joints then what factory comes with. If you know about factory style bushing / joints. You know that it’s not designed for anything longer stock suspension travel.

This post is for a time stamp!!! [emoji1420]

More pics

Full droop. Extended travel King shocks

Full bump/
Compression. You can see that it’s still higher then the fuel cell.

Full articulation . Yes that’s a harbor freight floor jack. Don’t hate lol.

Edit
I forgot to post pic with the spare tire to show the amount of room there is. I’m not sure but can somewhat confirm if it looks like there’s more room now with the drop piece I made.

Ride height on 2” lift.

Full droop.

Edit. Got first batch in.

I don’t offer a spacer for the front because it’s not needed. You don’t want to lower that sway bar to try to correct a lean with a spacer. The front piston is still in the Oem location even with a lift. What’s the issue is the bushing at full droop is binding ( even at ride height depending on how much you have your pre load adjuster adjusted ) preventing a little more droop.

I have a cool fix for this. A while completely bushing design and mechanisms is in the works. Also I have an adjustable method for kdss lean in the works because relying on a fix part to correct a lean that varies in size is plain old lazy and stupid. Spacer up front still doesn’t correct the bushing angle. [emoji2359][emoji23].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Last edited by dom42; 07-06-2020 at 01:56 PM.
dom42 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote