Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 01:43 AM

catus will become famous soon enough

catus will become famous soon enough
I got an email through Carfax that mine is affected, and confirmed it through the Toyota.com site. Also confirmed through: Check for Recalls: Vehicle, Car Seat, Tire, Equipment | NHTSA
The build date is 12/18 on mine.
===========================================
From the NHTSA site:

Jan 13,2020
Manufacturer Recall Number: 20TB02
NHTSA Recall Number#: AWAITING
Recall Status: Recall Incomplete, remedy not yet available

Summary
The subject vehicles are equipped with a low-pressure fuel pump which may stop operating. If this were to occur, warning lights and messages may be displayed on the instrument panel, and the engine may run rough. This may result in a vehicle stall, and the vehicle may be unable to be restarted.

Safety Risk
If a vehicle stall occurs while driving at higher speeds, this could increase the risk of a crash.

Remedy
Toyota is currently investigating this issue and will be developing a remedy. When the remedy is available, it will be free of charge to vehicle owners.
catus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote