View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 11:02 AM

Toffees will become famous soon enough Toffees will become famous soon enough

Toffees will become famous soon enough Toffees will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDonahue View Post
Lately, I have been thinking that the sound from my radio isn't as great as in some of my previous cars. Previously, I had a 2012 Cadillac SRX(small suv). I know that nothing will sound as good as the Bose system in that but I want to try to make it better. I have thought about a radio upgrade and/or speaker upgrade. Right now, I have the JBL system. I also don't want to spend a ton on doing this. I know, I know, cheap does not mix with quality.
On the subject of a new radio: I don't like how aftermarket radios do not have buttons. It makes it look bare. The T9 has button and looks stock. If I just got a T9 and continued using the JBL speakers, would there be a dramatic change in speaker output? I love the idea of carplay because I have a 30-minute commute, each way.

On the subject of new speakers: Is it worth it to change from the JBLs?

Great radio with cheap speakers = good sound
Great speakers with cheap radio = crap sound
If you're an audiophile you'll want a great radio + great speakers, but then you also probably wouldn't be asking the question either

Get a good headhunt from a top manufacturer with good preamp/power and you will probably be happy. In my last truck I swapped out the Honda headhunt for a Pioneer; because of the Honda wiring I lost my sub but the sound was still better after the switchover
Toffees is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote