View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 01:36 PM

That_Titanium_4RNR is a glorious beacon of light That_Titanium_4RNR is a glorious beacon of light That_Titanium_4RNR is a glorious beacon of light That_Titanium_4RNR is a glorious beacon of light That_Titanium_4RNR is a glorious beacon of light

That_Titanium_4RNR is a glorious beacon of light That_Titanium_4RNR is a glorious beacon of light That_Titanium_4RNR is a glorious beacon of light That_Titanium_4RNR is a glorious beacon of light That_Titanium_4RNR is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas4runners View Post
So I decided to split the suspension install into 2 parts because I wanted to do it after work. Tonight I did rear suspension and I will say, 13 years and 195k miles of grime and rusted bolts kicked my ass!

Spent almost 3 hours on what would normally be an hour job.

So here we go.

Ride Height with stock 4th gen suspension:

Ride Height as it sits was around 21.5 inches to center of hub cap.

Stock set up of 4th gen:

4th gen to 5th gen shock comparison:

As you can tell the 5th gen shock is slightly larger.

Stock Rotar vs Slotted Power stop

I had a set of slotted power stops in the garage so while I was down there I decided to swap them over.

Final install with cleanup and undercarriage liner.

Very happy with how everything fit and was cleaned up by the undercarriage liner.

Final 4th gen rear ride height with 5th gen springs and shocks.

As you can tell I gained a touch more than .75 inches in the rear and after driving it, I can say that the shocks and springs are stiffer, but the biggest difference is how planted the rear is in comparison to the front with the new sway bar links!
FYI if that undercarriage spray you used is rubberized (what most people use for liner-type areas) spraying it on the frame is a bad idea. Rust will get behind it/under it and eat away at what you cant see. It's kind of known for doing just that
Titanium Metallic 2006 Limited 4WD V8 | Doug Thorley "Premium" Long Tubes/Modded Ypipe | Magnaflow dual in/dual out | True Dual Exhaust | Fr: 5100/885/SPC R: Icon 2"/2nd gen links | 285/75R17 G003s | Sherpa Princeton | Baja Designs | 5th Gen Brakes | Everything else is in the Build Thread
That_Titanium_4RNR is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote