Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 06:26 PM

cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold

cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke27617 View Post
First of all you cannot compare 4Runner or GX to LC. Completely different vehicle and there is a reason why new LC has an invoice close to $80k vs. GX invoice starting around 50k and I am sure everyone know the pricing for 4runners here.

You may not find an LC right away for the price you want to pay. It takes a patience to find a deal and you may have to travel to pick one up as only 3000 of them are sold in US every year and everyone hunts for them. If you go to the LC forum you can make some good connections there and find one which will be for sale before it is for sale. There is a big cult around then and people hold on to them for a long time. Definitely you can find 16LC for low 50's as I have just traded in one for 2020. I had multiple instant offers on the forum to buy mine but because of tax savings, convenience I have traded in mine. BTW my never hit the dealer lot as someone working at the dealership bought it right away. If you don't mind an ugly face of LX definitely easier to find deals on those as at least 3x of those are sold vs. LC. Even though those are more expensive when new, they are at roughly at the same price at 3-4 years old. Definitely recommend joining LC forum and definitely don't test drive one unless you ready to buy one. There is no turning back ;)
I'm actually not that new here, on the Lexus forum or iH8mud and know the differences.

A new Limited (MSRP ~$50k) can be negotiated to $43/44k
A new GX (aka Prado aka "baby LC") has an MSRP of $57k and can be had for about $50/51k. The base GX plus nav and heated seats (in the MSRP above) has roughly the same features as a 2020 Limited.

A new LC (MSRP $83k) can be negotiated to $77k. The LX can be negotiated to about $82k.

A 2016 LC is about $53/59k. The 2016 LX is a couple of grand cheaper, but still over $50k. You need to go to 2013/2014 to get to the negotiated price of a new Limited.

Now to get back on topic. I don't see anything wrong with the OPs post. I actually like to read new reader/owner/driver impressions when they drive a car I'm contemplating. It often points out things I might not have noticed during a test drive and tells me if I'm crazy or not when I notice the same thing.