Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 02:57 PM

Flemster is just really nice Flemster is just really nice Flemster is just really nice Flemster is just really nice

Flemster is just really nice Flemster is just really nice Flemster is just really nice Flemster is just really nice
Secondly, some recent work that has been done to the ole girl.

I sadly had a bit of a fender bender a couple of weeks ago. I rear-ended a stock taco and the Addicted Offroad cross member did exactly what it was designed to which was save my frame, and arguably saved the Tacoma from a ton of damage.

First I'll start with dashcam footage of this lovely incident from the @_Ripcord who was behind me. Basically a bicyclist just rolled out in front of a bunch of cars doing 35-40 mph and this is what happens.

Untitled

Then here's the damage.

Untitled

Taco faired well. New Tail Gate skin and bobs your uncle.
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

9A0A1767

So the only thing that really happened is the cross member bent in on impact and broke my grill because the winch literally touched it. So any movement just broke off the plastic.

9A0A1782

9A0A1770

Now to the fix. Round 1 while I waited on more parts.
So, first I cut out the Addicted Cross Member in the center just for ease. Mine was fully welded on so for now just the middle came out.

9A0A1896

That gained me access to this bent AF skid mount. Made a new one, welded that in.

9A0A1899

9A0A1919

9A0A1923

9A0A1937

I then re-did all my nasty wiring and painted some things, installed some cleaner blinkers that actually work.

9A0A1943

9A0A1974
Build Thread
Flemster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote