Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 06:08 PM

Jidaran will become famous soon enough

Jidaran will become famous soon enough
Yeah that's totalled. Happened to mine just a few months ago, with less damage than that (and none to the frame). I don't have enough experience to tell you what to expect beyond that, but maybe my story is instructive.

I have a 2002, about as clean as yours, but no unicorn. Got rear ended and pushed into the vehicle in front of me. The bumper was pushed up a bit, but not bad at all.

Insurance put the value at $5200, which was close to KBB ($4800). Repair estimate was $4700, which was over the limit for MD (75%). They deemed the salvage value at $2000, so I got cut a $3200 check.

I was able to do the repair myself for free. The damage is still evident if you look close, but it's not obvious.

In the end, I my truck is a little less pretty, I can only get liability insurance and the KBB value is about half, but for all that trouble I got a $3200 in the bank.

If I were you, I'd look into getting the frame fixed in a shop if needed and doing the rest yourself. That's a real nice truck, it'd be a shame to give it up, especially considering what they'd give you for it.

edit: fixed the numbers, which were slightly off

Last edited by Jidaran; 01-20-2020 at 11:22 AM.
Jidaran is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote