Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 11:15 PM

Team_Jake is just really nice Team_Jake is just really nice Team_Jake is just really nice Team_Jake is just really nice

Team_Jake is just really nice Team_Jake is just really nice Team_Jake is just really nice Team_Jake is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderFire View Post
Good job, one thing to note though is that the light seems pretty dim and I don't like having a weak turn signal with how terrible some people drive. Using a 3157 switchback LED in a clear lens marker puts out a lot of light both in marker and signal form.

It does carry the drawback you wanted to avoid of having to glue the bulbs into the housing, but I've had the set in my truck for about 2 years hiccup free, and was able to easily remove the bulb and put it in a new light when I cracked a lens.

Just my .02

Sent from my JSN-L23 using Tapatalk
Even though the bulb is more dim than the original turn signal bulb, it is in a more pronounced location with a clear housing. I haven’t compared mine side by side with a standard 3rd gen front turn signal yet but I would guess the brightness between the two is similar. Seeing it operate it person it looks plenty bright.

That said, I do like the idea of doing this mod with an LED bulb to get a little more brightness, but I don’t know what I would need to do though to have a dimmer mode for the marker light and a brighter mode for the turn signal, since the way LEDs operate are totally different from the way incandescent lights operate. I’m a mechanical engineer, not an electrical engineer, so if someone knows more of this kind of stuff I’d be eager to learn.