View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 12:22 PM

xtremewlr has a spectacular aura about xtremewlr has a spectacular aura about

xtremewlr has a spectacular aura about xtremewlr has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesky 07 View Post
Arenít there numerous posts from people complaining about having to take off a skid & crawl under the truck to get to the oil filter on V8s? Granted, that may meet the definition of simple but I was speaking relatively & itís still harder than the V6.

Fair point on the timing belt but what percentage of owners have the skill, time, & confidence to do their own?

I meant no disrespect to the V8 or owners of them. My intent was simply to provide some counterpoints.
Dropping the front skid is only 4 bolts if you still have the factory skid. And it's not heavy at all. Filter is easy to access, easier than on my 1st gen Tacoma! It's right at the front, on the driver's side. I've read where some people have even modded the skid so they don't have to pull it to access the filter. You could even just lower the front of the skid only and get to the filter.

As for the timing belt, when you start getting into vehicles that are hitting this age, you either need to make sure you have the funds to pay someone to do the maintenance work or learn how to do it yourself, IMO. The V6 and V8 are probably going to be similar cost wise for the timing belt/chain to replace.
xtremewlr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote