Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 04:52 PM

Sawdog is on a distinguished road

Sawdog is on a distinguished road
Dropped by a shop today, didn't get a formal estimate but the dude told me $3-4k range to repair, which if true likely means it will be totaled. I've got an appointment with a different shop later in the week to find out for sure.

Lets assume they total it; if they don't would it be a major surprise to me and I'd be fixed up and out only my deductible- not likely. So assuming its totaled and for that price to fix I won't be cancelling the claim to fix out of pocket. My questions for the forum at that point..

How much would you be willing to pay for it as salvage from the insurance company?

From there I could find someone to straighten the frame for a cash deal, try to fix myself, keep as a parts vehicle for a future T4R, part out, or sell whole..

Whats its value if sold whole as a salvage? Whats the value in a part out? (1999, 160k, engine runs flawlessly, 5 speed, e-locker, nice oak leather interior, all service records since new)
Sawdog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote