Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 04:35 AM

49Runner will become famous soon enough

49Runner will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by propain View Post
My mistake was going to the dealership for an oil change.

1.) they put in the wrong oil. then they said they put in the right oil after draining the wrong oil.
2.) they loosened the transmission instead of the oil pan nut. Had atleast 1 pint of tranny fluid on my driveway after coming home from the dealer.

I couldnt find a transmission dipstick on the 5th Gen to check how much tranny fluid i really lost, so now i have to go back to the dealer and tell them either to top it off, or, drain and replace all the tranny fluid.

Never going back to the dealer for an oil change.

I think my RCI Skidplates confused them on where the oil pan lug was. Why would they even touch my tranny. The tranny lugnut was loose, had to tighten it up.

*pissed*

Next time i go to my local mechanic for Mobil1 oil change or go direct @ Mobil.
I have the RCI Skid Plate... there is literally “1” hole that gives you access to the oil plug and “1” access plate to the filter. I changed the oil today in my driveway in 15 deg/snow... it’s stunning that they screwed this up.

As everyone is saying, do it yourself. Get a 14mm deep socket, a 6” extension, go buy the oil filter tool from Oriely’s, pick up a plug gasket, oil and filter and spend 30 minutes doing the job right. You’ll be glad you did.
49Runner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote