View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 10:14 PM

philbo_baggins is on a distinguished road

philbo_baggins is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtvt View Post
You won't pass inspection with it like that (if that's a concern), monitors have to be ready and never will be if you keep cycling power. Where did you see something relating to ECTS? And by that, is you mean the coolant temp sensor? Quick search on the code brought up stay alive power voltage too low, which would suggest too much resistance in the wire feeding power to your ECU, bad fuse etc. If you haven't already, subscribe to Toyota's TIS site for a day and download all the wiring for your truck, will be able to pinpoint this and more that way. Would think you'd have no trouble finding an ECU on ebay, just pull and match part #, but if you have a 3.4 with 5 spd trans it'll cost you. Auto trans ECU should be cheap. But if it's a wiring issue a new ECU won't fix it
@jbtvt thanks for the response! So, passing inspection is a problem that I would like to fix. Have a few more months before I cross that bridge though. I saw ETCS in the engine code (Toyota P1633) which gets thrown in the scenario in my original post (starting it up the second time w/out disconnecting battery/power to ECM). I need to refresh myself on all the things I've checked but I have checked all the fuses and some wiring continuity. I did just check the voltage to E14-16 (+BATT running to the ECM, should be powered at all times according to the ecm wiring diagram). It was 11.8V with the car off, no keys in ignition. 14.7V with it running. Finally, I did buy a used ECM on ebay (SR5, 4x4, automatic) but when I plug it in, there is another check engine light that indicates that the ECM isn't communicating the right VIN to the BCM, and it wont even crank. Do you know of any ways around this? I've searched around but didn't find anything too promising.
philbo_baggins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote