View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 10:53 AM

ProfessorP is a jewel in the rough ProfessorP is a jewel in the rough ProfessorP is a jewel in the rough ProfessorP is a jewel in the rough

ProfessorP is a jewel in the rough ProfessorP is a jewel in the rough ProfessorP is a jewel in the rough ProfessorP is a jewel in the rough
My ‘19 T4R Off Road was getting about 20-21 mpg highway and 18-19 mpg city with the factory tires. When I switched to Falken Wildpeak AT tires, added a 2.5” Dobinsons lift, heavy steel rock sliders and an aluminum bumper with winch, the mileage dropped about 2-2.5 mpg. I now average around 18-19 mpg highway And 17 mpg mixed highway and city driving. I can still get up to about 20 mpg on the highway if I keep it at 70 mph.

Our Florida to Arizona road trip (through ten states) in December absolutely confirmed that this relatively decent mileage only applies to flat Florida roads and perpetual summer. The best highway mileage in 5,605 miles was one of the days at 18.6 mpg. Several of the days in areas with mountainous or hilly terrain saw mpg plummet to 16 highway and 12 city. Our worst day was driving through mountain passes into a 30+ mph headwind. We were averaging 13-14 mpg highway!!!

These trucks are gas hogs in hilly terrain and windy conditions. My ‘09 5.7 Tundra averaged about the same or slightly better on road trips.

Last edited by ProfessorP; 01-23-2020 at 10:59 AM.
ProfessorP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote