Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 07:04 AM

Paragon1 has a spectacular aura about Paragon1 has a spectacular aura about

Paragon1 has a spectacular aura about Paragon1 has a spectacular aura about
Seat Swap Research Begins...

Now that I'm almost done with exterior mods (high clearance attachments finally installed) its time to look at seats. Despite my love for Recaro seats they're too freakin expensive so I've been eyeing a set of Sheel-mann Vario R XXL. For those interested in replacing your own seats I reached out to the company, who put me in touch with a retailer and heres what he had to say. And yes, i originally asked about the Traveler LR seats.

"There is only one company I am aware of that makes an adapter for you rig: Planted Technologies. These adapters work with the Scheel-Mann flat sliders. This is the only part that is vehicle specific. Any of the seats will fit in your vehicle since the 4Runner has so much room. Traveler LR base is $1399 and goes up from there depending on added on options and covering option. This will be about a 10 week lead time depending on Toby's
stock.
The only thing that is a speed bump would be the airbag system in the seats. The true speed bump is the occupancy sensor in the passenger seat. Toyota has a fascination with 4 post weight sensors as their OCS. These will need to be
transferred and integrated into the adapt bracket. **This is only if you plan on doing both driver and passeneger** The next little bit is transferring the rest of the wiring harness for the distance sensor and seatbelt receptacle. Last piece is
bypassing the side airbags that are built into the seats themselves. This is bypassed with a simple resistor soldered in line with the wires right at the plug. This will trick the vehicle into thinking the airbags are still there and keep the SRS
system still active"

I'm 6'4 240, so the stock seats drive me absolutely insane, especially after driving the M3 for a few days and then switching back. the 4Runner is pretty much a perfect utility vehicle in my opinion but damn if they didn't take some serious cost saving measures in terms of comfort. More to follow, Cheers.
2015 Silver TE: (SOLD) KDSS, ICON stg 2, Magnuson, Victory Blitz sliders, Fuel Blitz DDT 18x9 w/ -12o/s, 275/65/18 Nitto TGG2, ARB skids, Spidertrax spacers, Alpharex Luxx, Rigid 40” Stealth LED bar & 360 fogs, Switch Pro 9100 w/ Mount Tray, KC Flex Dual Ditch Lights, KC Cyclone Rock Lights, LED interior, SSS hybrid winch bumper, 30" Rough Country single row LED, Alpine ILX-F308/R line speakers, 8" Alpine Powered Sub. Prinsu Full no-drill roof rack.
Paragon1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote