View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 10:10 PM
Elite Member

gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future
Elite Member

gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future
You might want to also run those calculators at whatever speed you top out on in your area on the highway. For me, that's around 70 MPH. That's around 2200 RPM with the 4-speed auto, with 4.56's it's around 2500 RPM and with 4.88's it's pushing 2700 RPM. The question should be, can you tolerate the engine or exhaust note of your vehicle cruising at highway speed on a long road trip? My last Toyota was overgeared for the tires it had and spun at around 3000 RPM in 5th on the highway, it got a bit noisy.

I also think the gearing is too much, but on my auto. 1st gear on the 5-speed or something close is what I'm after. Having it re-geared is pricey though so not on the table right now.

AEM F/IC 6, 11 PSI, 3" Intake and 3" Exhaust
Jerod's Supercharged T[u]RD Build
gamefreakgc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote