Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-25-2020, 10:23 AM

Space King is a jewel in the rough Space King is a jewel in the rough Space King is a jewel in the rough

Space King is a jewel in the rough Space King is a jewel in the rough Space King is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon1 View Post
I'm 6'4 240, so the stock seats drive me absolutely insane, especially after driving the M3 for a few days and then switching back.
Comfort is definitely subjective. I'm 6'5" 225 (so we're punching in the same weight class), and I find the seats in my 4Runner more comfy than my Audi. Go figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1111 View Post
Regardless of manufacturer, the airbag system is designed that the individual airbags work in tandem. The side curtain bags rely on the seat airbags to deploy properly.
I'm honestly not sure about this. I understand your point, as it often applies on other vehicles. I know that in the 4Runner, the front passenger airbag needs to rebound off of the windshield to deploy properly, yet the side curtain airbags don't appear to have any physical prerequisites.
Admittedly, I don't know what electronic interlocks may be in place... but from a purely mechanical standpoint, the side curtain airbags will deploy correctly independent of other airbags in the vehicle. They fire straight down from the sides of the headliner, and are restrained by the gap that forms in the a-pillar trim. The only impediment would be if they were unable to push the upper seatbelt anchor out of the way.

In any case, It's an excellent point to bring up.