Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 11:07 AM

KDubb is on a distinguished road

KDubb is on a distinguished road
Talking I suspect your nickname is Ozzie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcmountain80 View Post
I gave up attempting to fix this myself and took the vehicle to Toyota. Prior to doing so a friend offered the use of his Snap On Diagnostic tool, it gave us a C1362 (VSC Set value Failure). We cleared it, and waited. A few days later the symptoms returned and to the dealer I went, also got a air bag recall fixed as well.

The service tech didn’t understand much of what I was saying and made the face my wife does when I’m explaining something technical that she isn’t interested in. I asked for a mechanic to translate, we did and they kept Harriet (2005 Sequoia) for a few days. They called and said they couldn’t find anything so they did the air bag and charged me $0.

A few days later is was back to acting up and I returned it. They called a few hours later stating they could not get it to start, and I said yep it does that too, fix it. They called later that afternoon and said they thought it might be an $80 fuel relay (I swear I changed that), I said what the hell, do it!

I picked it up and drove the shit out of it, high speed corners, drag strip take offs from the light, lane maneuvers on the interstate dropping gasped then accelerating rapidly. Nothing fazed Harriet, she was back to normal. We are now on week 3 and Harriet is performing much better. A slight increase in fuel, performance, and a huge increase in safety. I’ll update if anything changes.

Aaron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the post. I have a 2000 Tundra and any Gen 1 tips are welcome.
KDubb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote