Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 04:05 PM

xpicer is on a distinguished road

xpicer is on a distinguished road
Cool

Hello everyone, I have been looking through the forums for a pretty long time. Yet I dont think i ever posted anything. I came across this thread, and well i feel I have a bit of information about this topic. First I would liek to say I am an imigrant in the usa and with a some what limited budget to modify my car. I am an automotive tech , but i have been modding cars and installing stereos for the past 15 or so years. I also consider my self and afficionado to cunsumer electronics and electricity in general.

So the past 3 months I have indulged my self in the quest for the perfect head unit. My wifes hu died and I decided to give her my pionner dd set up and look for a modern more up to date unit. First as im sure many of you did , I considered big names double dins, then went onto looking at the halo 9. How ever the price was a big factor for me. Also i briefly looked at oem units but the price and lack of functions scared me away. I then started playing with the idea of a tablet connected through a blue tooth or maybe a carputer ( which no one , installs now a days). After writing down my necesities and wants of a head unit. I arrive at the ever so popular t8. Well after researching into it. I though the price was not worth a no name product and the obiously all the issues that came with it. I then started looking into the 13inch no name and various 10 inch brands of android HU ( all from china). Well after researching my options I ended up with 3 finalists. The dasaita head units, car trims t9 and the alibaba 13 inch tesla style radio. I made paper cut outs of 8, 10 and 13 inch screens to see what would fit better with our blocking much and which could turn....... then the sounds quality and reverse camera speed came..... at the end I had two finalists the t9 and the dasaita 10.2 inch px6 . After digging even deeper and looking at every video youtube had to offer about both, I came to the concluision that the dasaita gave me a bigger screen and more bang for my buck. It even had better customer support as well as a longer history making head units.

Now when the package arrived I was not suprised by the some what unpolished product. I have ordered tons of things from china and have a pretty good idea of their manufacturing. I installed everything and well the product is decent. It does have glitches here and there. But nothing uncomon of head units. Ive had similar issues with kenwood and pioneer and even had 2 or 3 big brand units die on me after 2 or 3 years. So now that i have installed the px6 I can say:

The head unit does everything is supoosed to and more. Is a big step up from a factory unit and pretty fun to play arround with. Does it have issues? Of course!!! Some people hate the logo(put a toyota sticker over it) , the leds are blue.. ( I could re solder red ones) , the leds bleed a bit into the screen ( Im too busy driving to care or even notice.
So in short for the money it is a good unit. So for last why did go ever the px6 if thats not even the unit the thread is about. Well my thinking is the following:

I purchased the dasaita px6 because I wanted to get a feeling of the brand and the product. Because lately is har to get a decent review online, I had to shell out the money to test the unit, and then sell it as used. Why you may ask? Because although i love the huge screen on the unit. I feel like the oem look is a bitter fot for my life style. I tend travel to places where there is a bit of crime, so a hu sticking out my dash is begging someone to break a window just to Steal the radio. Also my vents get a bit covered by the screen.
So I say in my mind the head unit that will give you the best bang for your buck would be the Dasaita unit for the 2010_2020 toyota 4runner.
Ps. For all those users concern about the sound quality. I do think this unit has better sound that the stock hu. How ever been realistic, between my offroad tires, the wind noise of my gobi rack, the wind deflectors and the solid rear on our trucks. The driving noise does not allow you to fully apreciate a perfectly tuned and awsome sounding stereo.

Just my 2 centavos!
xpicer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote