View Single Post
Old 01-30-2020, 12:17 PM

ScottD is on a distinguished road

ScottD is on a distinguished road
LED Headlight bulbs causing ABS/VSC errors???

I installed LED headlight bulbs about 1 month ago. Shortly after I had the ABS VSC Traction Control Lights all come on. (Codes CO226 CO236 CO246 CO256 C1223) Hooked up Techstream ran tests, Zero point calibrations and after a few tries it went away and stayed away...well for a couple of weeks. Came back on - same codes. Reset everything again and ZPC and went out to test it. Withing the first 2 minutes lights all back on. Went back and ZPC and cleared and ran Techstream in record mode to look for errors.....nothing, no lights on.
So I went out to run some errands. About 5 minutes into the trip I noticed I did not have my headlights on which I run on all the time. So I flip them on and within 10 seconds all the ABS lights come back on. Has to be a coincidence . So I pull over, turn off the headlights, turn off the 4runner and wait a minute and start back out. No ABS lights. I drive around making several stops for the next hour. On the way back to the shop I turned the headlights back on. Again within 10 seconds, all of the ABS lights back on.

I have now removed the LED headlight bulbs and have gone back to standard bulbs and have had no ABS malfunctions.

I am not sure why the LED headlights would cause a problem. I do have a scan gauge and with headlights on I run about 13.8-14.0 Volts. With the LED bulbs on I run about 13.7-13.9 volts but not sure why. The battery is a fairly new AGM battery that reads 12.3 volts. The LED bulbs do have a fan built into the base of the heatsink. Maybe this is causing some interference?

Anyone else seen this issue?
2007 Sport 4x4, Daystar 2.5/1.5, 1.25, Diff drop, Spidertrax, Xreas, Budbuilt/Engo hidden winch, HID Fogs, Rugged Ridge LED Spots, Custom CB, Rola Rack, KDLINKS front/rear dash cam, USB Power, Hula Girl Mod. Build Thread
ScottD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote