Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-30-2020, 06:30 PM

Salvo Jimmy is a jewel in the rough Salvo Jimmy is a jewel in the rough Salvo Jimmy is a jewel in the rough

Salvo Jimmy is a jewel in the rough Salvo Jimmy is a jewel in the rough Salvo Jimmy is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by patkelly4370 View Post
With 1,500 Toyota dealerships in the United States I'm guessing that not all of them have drooling morons for mechaics.
For every one forum member there must be hundreds or thousands of Toyota owners.
So we are, and aren't, hearing a subset of a subset, and only hearing the negative stories.
Of the many occupations I've had, I was a mechanic. I was always conscientious that my work, my craft, affected the lives of thousands. But I also know that not everyone takes pride in their work. I have seen that in all of the fields I have worked in and been a consumer of.
That said, I do as much of my own vehicle maintenance as possible.
"Man bites dog" is a headline. "Dog bites man" isn't even a story (unless currently it was a pitbull)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I hear ya. It can happen anywhere. I have confidence in the dealer I deal with based on years of use. Service guy I deal with always takes me back to show me the issue if one exists. You just have to develop a good relationship with the service folks regardless if dealer or not.

For example, I had my dealer install my front hitch receiver and the mechanic came out and said he did not have a torque wrench to properly torque bolts. Loaned me a vehicle to go get my wrench.
2022 SR5 Premium 4WD
No Mods, Yet😇
Salvo Jimmy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote